Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Psalm 144 - Prepare for Battle

Whoa! There is so much I could say about Psalm 144! But, the first thing that strikes me is verse 1: "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle." (NIV)

Now that is most interesting. God trains us for battle.  For 21 years, I followed my husband, a U.S. Marine, around the world. He was prepared for war and I was engaged in battle then, even as I am now. The battle can be tiring. There are times when it may even feel like you're losing the battle, but be assured, the LORD armies will not, cannot, be defeated. He is the Supreme Commander and is at the helm.

Be not afraid to: "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." (Eph 6:11-13 NIV)

God's Peace - Pr. J 

No comments: