Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2 Corinthians 6:1-2 Now is the Time!

2 Corinthians 6:1-2
"And Immediately!" That is the title of my sermon for Sunday. I am a little later than usual getting this blog written, because I felt the urge to work on Sunday's sermon immediately upon waking this morning, while the focus of where I was to be going with it was still fresh in my mind. When God calls us to do something, let's do it immediately. Don't wait until the football game is over. Don't wait until you retire. Don't wait. Do it now! When God gives you a gift, receive it now. He has given you the gift of salvation. Receive it now! Don't be trying to wait until the day of your death or later!

After writing the sermon, imagine my joy when I read the lesson for today's blog. Paul wrote: "I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation."

It is now. It is today. It is not tomorrow. It is not after we die and are buried in the ground. Salvation has come to you through Jesus Christ, our Lord. The Kingdom of God has already come. Quit waiting around to live in that Kingdom. Quit waiting around to live in His presence. Quit waiting around to serve the Lord. Quit waiting to share the Good News! Do it now! Do it immediately! Now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

God's Peace - Pr. J

P.S. Couldn't help all the exclamation marks, it is imperative that we receive His grace now in order to truly live life! Quit procrastinating! What are you waiting for? Live life in Him now!

No comments: