Monday, May 11, 2015

2 Peter 1:1-11 Faith, Perseverance, Patience

2 Peter 1:1-11 NIV
Plowing fields around the Ring of Kerry took patience,
perseverance with much faith.
I have to admit that there are definitely days that my self-control and perseverance are lacking. They are more present today than they were twenty or thirty years ago. But, I do still fall short. I fall short because there are times when I get so wrapped up in getting things done that I forget that God is with me and do things the way others (or I) would prefer that they be done. Not doing God's will; but, instead doing what pleases a few people usually ends up in a disaster. And... disasters can mightily challenge our self-control and perseverance.

So I pray that God would grant us all faith and that in faith; goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, mutual affection, and love might follow.

God Peace - Pr. J

No comments: