Monday, August 11, 2014

John 8:12-20 Up With The Risen Son Before the Sun Rises

John 8:12-20 NRSV
It is still dark outside; yet, here I am again preparing for another day. I don't remember the last time I woke up after the sun had risen over the horizon. It is always before sunrise so that I might have time to be prepared for the coming day. I prepare for the day, by intentionally coming into the presence of the Risen Son and spending some time with His Word and in prayer. I do this because by I am well aware that by the end of most days I am thanking God that He was with me because I do not know how I would have possibly made it without Him. I can do nothing without Him. (John 15:5)

"...Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” (vs. 12)

I would be lost without the light of the world, who is Jesus Christ, my LORD. He is my light and salvation. (Psalm 27:1)

Try it! Try spending some time with the Risen Son before you face the day after the sun has risen. Rise, oh sleeper from the dead and let the light of Christ shine upon you.  (Eph 5:14)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: