Tuesday, April 28, 2015

James 3 Teachers

James 3 NIV
Youth praying with and for their teachers.
"We who teach will be judged more strictly." (vs 1) Although, my major was in education, I do not consider myself much of a teacher. It is included in my call; therefore, I teach. I teach cautiously and with the help of God. I pray that I do not damage anyone by teaching falsely. There are many others in my congregation who are more gifted at teaching than I and I thank God for them. This blog is, in a way, an attempt at teaching. However, I also attempt to keep the blogs short. They are mostly the first things that come to mind as I read the scriptures one chapter at a time. I cannot possibly cover everything that is possible to be taught each day in a blog. While they are meant to stimulate the readers thoughts, I am well aware that I have no immunity against making mistakes.

I confess that as this daily blog gets closer to the end of the Holy Bible and closer to the book of Revelation I am getting just a little apprehensive.  Revelation is something quite different. It is a vision and as such is full of symbolism, which should not be taken literally and about impossible to interpret since many of the events have not yet transpired. John's vision has already been interpreted in so many ways. They simply cannot all be right. I do not ascribe to the notion that there are opposing interpretations of  scripture; all equally valid. So, I have been praying for the last month or so, through a couple of books already, that God will guide me and I will more carefully listen through that upcoming and final book of Holy Scripture.

As teachers, we must be very cautious as to what we say and write. We are warned that teachers will be judged more strictly. As we do not wish to offend God or steer others in a way that they should not be going; we will be much more cautious in what we say as well as in what we do that others may come to know the joy of their salvation through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: