Thursday, February 23, 2012

1 Samuel 5 - False gods fall before the LORD

The message for this morning is: False gods cannot stand before the LORD. The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, our God has power over all things. And again... we ought not be trying to manipulating God. It doesn't work. He will have His way - one way or the other.

Sharing another story... :) About my own false gods... I have known since I was about 11 or 12 years old that I had been called into the ministry. However, I did not answer that call until I was in my 30's. I said no to God for many, many years and yes to the things of this world that were calling me. I did begin to turn my life around when I was in early 20's, but I was not willing to give up my will to His, not yet. One by one, those false gods showed themselves to be worthless. It took a lot of trials and testing to bring me to this day. Now, this may all have been God's plan for me so that when I got here, I would realize fully how worthless following other gods - following my own will and desires - actually is. Following my own desires (false gods) was definitely a wilderness experience. It is a repetition of the Israelites wandering in the wilderness. Go off doing your own thing - end up with troubles - return to the LORD - go off and do your own thing - end up with troubles - return to the LORD.

False gods are worthess. They will not stand before the LORD. They will fall before Him and bring you nothing but trouble - nothing but destruction.

During this season of Lent, consider the false gods that may have sneaked into your life and allow God to be in His rightful place in your life.

No comments: