Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Proverbs 29 - Righteous Thrive; People Rejoice

"When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice..." (Prov 29:1 NIV) " The righteous care about justice for the poor... (Prov 29 7a)"

The lesson from Proverbs today reminds me of a friend. Actually, no matter what I read this morning I would be reminded of her. Susie's funeral was yesterday.  She was/is a wonderful example of one who is righteous in Christ. Her faith was strong. Her faith in Christ led her in her journey here in this world.

After 20 years of following my husband around, he retired in our home community. Of course, I moved with him. It was a lonely and hectic time trying to figure out where we fit in. Susie had a craft and gift shop. I would often stop in just to talk to her. I could talk about anything to her. We often talked about the youth puppet team we were both involved with. No matter what was going on, Susie could help you find the good in it. When I was down, I would walk into that shop and I would find myself rejoicing. She was full of joy. She was full of life. She was full of Christ. She was filled with the righteousness of Christ.

She was always busy helping someone. She particularly loved working with children. Always at peace and with a smile on her face, she spent her life helping and bringing joy to others. She cared about justice for those who were in need.

After moving away, again, I have not seen her much. I would run into her now and then on my rare visits back home and we would spend some time talking. But, I thought about her joy and the joy she brought to others often. She has completed her journey. She will be missed. But, for all of us who find our righteousness in Christ, we have the hope of spending eternity with her in the Kingdom of God. With hope and faith in Christ Jesus we are confident that her joy has been made complete.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: