Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hosea 11 - Help Us To Love The One Who Loves Us

“When Israel was a child, I loved him,
    and out of Egypt I called my son.
But the more they were called,
    the more they went away from me.
They sacrificed to the Baals
    
    and they burned incense to images." (Hosea 11:1-2 NIV)

I'm thinking there are a lot of parents (and grandparents) who can relate to this. Sometimes, the more you love a child, the more they pull away. It's as though they honestly don't want to be loved. I don't get it. But, sometimes, it seems, that is the way it is. They wander off seeking love from those who do not, cannot, or will not love them instead of living in the warmth and love that is being freely given to them.

God loves us and calls us to be His children. So what is so difficult in living in His love?

May God help each and everyone of us to realize the great love He has for us. Open our eyes, Lord! Open our hearts, LORD! Help us to receive the love you have given us through Jesus Christ, our LORD. Amen.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: