Friday, November 1, 2013

Hosea 2 - God Leads You To The Wilderness

His beloved turn their backs to Him seeking other lovers; but, they will not be satisfied. Seeking one after another that will satisfy their longing, they will come up empty, returning to the One who loves them.

The sinful natures leads us away from the beautiful promise; but, the LORD will turn the hearts of the people to Him.

The LORD, Himself, will help us to return to Him. We do not go alone. We are like the wife who strays, whose heart is empty of genuine love, always searching for that which will fill her. But, we seek in all the wrong places. Out of love and mercy, the LORD, Himself, will come to us. He will lead us into the wilderness to make us His own.

“Therefore I am now going to allure her;
    I will lead her into the wilderness
    and speak tenderly to her.
There I will give her back her vineyards,
    and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.
There she will respond as in the days of her youth,
    as in the day she came up out of Egypt.

“In that day,” declares the Lord,
    “you will call me ‘my husband’;
    you will no longer call me ‘my master." (Hosea 2:14-16 NIV)
 
"I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one.’
I will say to those called ‘Not my people,’ ‘You are my people’;
    and they will say, ‘You are my God.'" (Hos 2:23)
 
Finding yourself in the wilderness is not a time to be seeking after comfort and protection from those who do know and you do not know. It is not a time to seek other love. It is a time to rejoice for the LORD, who is your husband, is with you. He led you there that you might know Him!
 
God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: