Saturday, July 12, 2014

Luke 24:1-12 Fools Speaking Nonsense

Luke 24:1-12 NIV
The women saw the empty tomb, they heard the words of the angels, they believed, and they told the disciples what the two men had told them: "He is not here; he has risen!" (vs 6) But, the disciples would not believe these women. The things that the women were telling them sounded like nonsense.

There are times when I tell the story of Jesus' resurrection and the promise of our resurrection that I feel like I'm being taken as seriously as a silly old woman who talks nonsense. In fact, I've been told as much on a few rare occasions. Of course, I am not sure how often people who think that the resurrection of Jesus is a fairy tale don't actually admit it to me.

Thomas would not believe the women. He would not even believe the other disciples until he actually saw Jesus with his own eyes. You and I don't have the luxury of being able to see Jesus as the followers of Jesus immediately after his resurrection. But, be assured, blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe. (John 20:29)

As for me, I would much rather be a fool for Christ (1 Cor 4:10) than living my life without hope. How about you? Afraid of being taken for a fool who speaks nonsense? Afraid to tell the truth? He is risen!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: