Sunday, July 13, 2014

Luke 24:13-35 Come And Eat That Your Eyes May Be Opened


Luke 24:13-35 NIV
I recently attended my class reunion. It had been decades since I have seen some of my former classmates. I had no idea who some of them were even though I have talked to them on the phone or communicated with them through messaging on the internet. Some of us had changed more than just a little bit. Many of us, no longer even had the same hair color. But by the time supper, a pot-luck picnic, was shared by all, I recognized them all.

On the way to Emmaus two of Jesus followers were joined by Jesus. They did not recognize him. They discussed the death and resurrection of Jesus. Yet, they still did not recognize him. It was not 'till they invited him to dinner and he broke bread with them that their eyes were opened to who he was.

Sometimes, it takes more than words; sometimes, it takes deeds; sometimes, it requires us to gather together and break bread together.

Come and eat, that your eyes may be opened. The table is prepared.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: