Sunday, May 24, 2015

3 John 1 - Joy

3 John 1 NIV
 

I get so excited when I hear about the faithfulness of members of our Christian community here in Baraga County. It does not matter; old or young, they have become like my own children. With St. John, I can say that "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." (vs 4)

Today is Pentecost Sunday. Four of our young people are affirming their baptisms through the Rite of Confirmation this morning. All four of them have caused me much joy as I've taught and watched them walking in the truth; by putting their faith into action over the years. Their faith is clearly evidenced by the love and concern that they have for God and for others.

Following worship, I will meet with another couple to discuss the baptism of their baby. I look forward to discussing the baptism of their child (our child) into the Body of Christ. I look forward, with joy, to seeing this little girl at worship and Sunday School as she grows.

May God grant all of our children, young and old, the gift of the Holy Spirit; the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord, the spirit of joy in His presence, now and forevermore.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: