Sunday, July 26, 2015

Our Daily Bread

The Fourth Petition.
Give us this day our daily bread.
What does this mean?--Answer.
God gives daily bread, even without our prayer, to all wicked men; but we pray in this petition that He would lead us to know it, and to receive our daily bread with thanksgiving.
What is meant by daily bread?--Answer.
Everything that belongs to the support and wants of the body, such as meat, drink, clothing, shoes, house, homestead, field, cattle, money, goods, a pious spouse, pious children, pious servants, pious and faithful magistrates, good government, good weather, peace, health, discipline, honor, good friends, faithful neighbors, and the like.
 
The Lord provides. Lately, my granddaughter has been asking me if I am praying again. Yes, I do a lot of praying and no it doesn't matter to me if it's a public place. When she sees my head bowed it is an indicator not to interrupt my moment with God, unless it's an emergency. Mostly, during the day light hours, my prayers are prayers of thanksgiving. I could find a lot of things to grumble about if I let myself and sometimes I do. But, mostly I see the good things that He provides us with. I also see the opportunities He has given us who have been so blessed to feed His sheep their daily bread as well. Throughout the day, I find multitudes of opportunities to give thanks to God.
 
The Lord provides. Most often He provides our needs through others in whom He abides and through whom He continues to serve. 
 
The Lord provides. Give thanks to the Lord for providing you with your daily bread. Give thanks to the Lord that He has provided you with opportunities to provide food to those who are hungry.
 
God's Peace - Pr. J
 

No comments: