Saturday, July 18, 2015

Our Father Is Active In Life

The First Article.
Of Creation.
Sunset Silver Mountain, MI
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
What does this mean?--Answer.
I believe that God has made me and all creatures; that He has given me my body and soul, eyes, ears, and all my limbs, my reason, and all my senses, and still preserves them; in addition thereto, clothing and shoes, meat and drink, house and homestead, wife and children, fields, cattle, and all my goods; that He provides me richly and daily with all that I need to support this body and life, protects me from all danger, and guards me and preserves me from all evil; and all this out of pure, fatherly, divine goodness and mercy, without any merit or worthiness in me; for all which I owe it to Him to thank, praise, serve, and obey Him. This is most certainly true.

 
God, our Father and Creator, cares for His whole creation. He loves and cares for us. He has provided us with all that we have.
 
Do you believe this? If we truly believed this then we would, at all times and in all places give thanks and praise to our Father in heaven. If we believed that all that we have, even our ourselves and our family and friends, are gifts from God, then we would take care of them as though they were precious treasures; for indeed they are.
 
God is not just a God of beginnings. He did not just create and then us alone to our devices. He is an active Father providing not just the material things of life; but, spiritual gifts as well.
 
May our Father's love for us, inspire us to love and cherish Him for all that He has done for us. May God help us to love and care for His whole creation.
 
God's Peace - Pr. J 

No comments: