Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Who's Father? Our Father.

Our Father who art in heaven.
What does this mean?--Answer.
God would thereby [with this little introduction] tenderly urge us to believe that He is our true Father, and that we are His true children, so that we may ask Him confidently with all assurance, as dear children ask their dear father.
 
 
Who's father? Our Father.
 
While I hear that some may object to God the Father being male; I rejoice that I have a Father in heaven that I can trust; who is always there for me. I "get it" that there are some who were neglected or abused by their fathers on earth and may cringe at even the title father. But, as for me, since early childhood, knowing that I have a Father in heaven that truly loves and care for me has given me great comfort. He has been with me no matter what trials I have faced in life. It is good to be able to trust someone to be there to listen to you when you need someone. Our Father is always there for us.
 
I give thanks that my true Father who is in heaven truly loves me and He truly loves you.
 
God's Peace - Pr. J


No comments: