Thursday, January 28, 2016

Worship In Spirit And Truth

"God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." (John 4:24 NRSV)
 
It is not enough to be spiritual as some would say. Personal spirituality can mean a variety of things to a variety of people. It does not tell me anything concrete when someone tells me that they are spiritual. We are all spiritual beings. But, there is only one truth that leads to the Father. What I want to know is if you worship the God who is the truth. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)
 
All these other gods that we concoct for ourselves are not the truth. They will lead us astray. They will divert our path from "The Way." Jesus is the only "Way."
 
Teach us your way, O Lord, that we may walk in your truth; give us undivided hearts to revere your name. Amen (Psalm 86:11)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: