Monday, January 2, 2012

Changes

Joshua 1

I am out of the woods (not really - just changed wildernesses) and back on my home keyboard - so hopefully - the typos will be down.  Seems as technology advances - it can be more difficult for some of us to figure out these new fangled devices.  I'm not a picture type of person.  Cannot for the life of me, figure out half of the icons.  What was wrong with MSDOS Prompt?  Can't even get a full keyboard on some of the machines because you're only suppose to use 2 fingers (or thumbs) to type :)  Yeah, right....

Things change all the time....  And for the Israelites there is a major change going on.  Moses is gone and Joshua, who has been chosen by God, is going to lead the people into the land that God has given them.  He gives it to them.  Yet, they still have to go in and possess it.  Sort of like those gifts you received for Christmas (but much better).  Someone gave you those gifts, but if you don't unwrap them and actually use them they're not worth much to you.  If you put the gifts on a shelf and never use them, what good are they?  Just like that new Eee pad my husband gave me; I'm not real excited about learning how to use it proficiently.  I like my old computer just fine.  But, when I'm not at my old computer and I'm out on the road someplace; if I want mobile access, I will have to take it out of the box and actually use it.  Things change all the time.  There is going to be a new day tomorrow.  There will be new gifts.  There will be new challenges.  But, some things never change.  The Word of the Lord never changes.  The word in Joshua, chapter 1, reminds us to be strong and of good courage as we follow in the way of the Lord and receive the promised land. 

God's word does not change...  May you receive His promises even as He has chosen to give them to you.

No comments: