Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Song of Songs 7 - Love And Lust Not The Same Thing


Ahhh! Love! Or is it lust? Whatever, it is, they are filled with desire for one another. The woman responds to her love: "I belong to my beloved, and his desire is for me." (Song of Songs 7:10 NIV)

The Church responds to our beloved, "LORD: I belong to you. I give myself completely to you." That is, the Church (the spouse) does this. But, not all of the church abandons its whole life to our beloved LORD. This gives me a good opportunity to attempt to explain, in a few words, the difference between church and Church. The Church is the Body of Christ, all who believe, in heaven and on earth. The church, with a little c, is the visible church on earth. Sadly, the church on earth includes many who do not believe, many who have not surrendered themselves to love of God and to loving the LORD, God above all others.

As in any relationship, if we truly love, then we will trust our very lives in the hands of the other. We are willing to give our all to be in that relationship. Total commitment....

I have said it before and I think it bears repeating. Love and lust are not the same thing.  Love is eternal. It does not end. Lust is fleeting. Lust will pass.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: