Thursday, May 2, 2013

Song of Songs 8 - Seek My Beloved

We have come to the conclusion of Solomon's Song of Songs. It is a very good morning! It is finished! I am very relieved to not to have to try to figure out what this love poem has to do with Christ and the Church for another day. It is indeed a beautiful love poem. But, even reading Matthew Henry's Commentary and The Lutheran Study Bible (Concordia Publishing House) notes and study guides on it each morning, it has been very difficult for me to read it as anything but a love poem between a man and a woman or love-struck teens. I hope that you have done better at that than I have.

I would remind you as we prepare to move on to Isaiah tomorrow, that the LORD is our love, our spouse. We have been united with Him in union unlike any union other that can transpire on earth. He wants to hear your voice and all who love Him desire to hear His and to be with Him, always. When one is in love, it simply will not do to stay anywhere but beside our beloved. Our hearts will constantly yearn to walk beside our beloved in that most beautiful garden.

Today, will be a beautiful day! I will seek my beloved in all whom I encounter. I will be visiting shut-ins...

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: