Sunday, August 11, 2013

Jeremiah 33 - Good and Bad

The word that comes to Jeremiah in today's reading reminds me of a word that came to Isaiah (45:7 NIV)  "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things."

It is difficult for many people to understand that sometimes those bad things that happen to us, happen with God's knowledge and even approval. Sometimes, they have to happen for our good.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Rom 8:28)

“Give thanks to the Lord Almighty,
    for the Lord is good;
    his love endures forever.” (Jer 33:11)


On a more personal note... I apologize for not being able to keep up with this daily study while on vacation. Vacations are very tiring for me... The traffic wears me down and it wears Howard out, as well. He is on his way back to work this morning; rather, than seeing a Dr. as he should. Before we left, he was not real excited about the fact that I insisted on pulling the bike trailer to camp in on our vacation, just in case one of the Harleys broke down. He had wanted to purchase or lease a motor home. It was fortunate that we pulled the toy hauler, as he got very sick on the way home and could not drive the bike any further. He did better once he got out of the sun and was able to drive the truck for me. God has a plan for everything. We would do well to listen to His urgings. I am hoping that God's plan includes selling the Adult Foster Care that Howard manages so when he does get sick, he has the time to take care of himself. We will see what it is that God purposes.

In the meantime, we give thanks to God that the trip was enjoyable (other than Howard not feeling up to par) and we all made it back safely.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: