Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mark 12:41-44 - Widow's Mite

Mark 12:41-44 NIV
Jesus sat and watched the crowd put their offerings into the temple treasury. That's something to think about. Since, he's with us always; he's always watching. He is there when I choose what I want or what my family wants (not needs) over service to him. I'm thinking I preach about stewardship so often because deep down I know that I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to withholding offerings that would/could/should go to serve the poor. Not, that I don't give. I tithe. But, in comparison to most of the world I am quite comfortable. I lack nothing that I need.

Something to think about: Jesus commends the poor widow for, out of her poverty, she put in everything she had to live on for the service of God. May God help us to be more generous in our giving so that the hungry might be fed with the Word that nourishes the soul and food that nourishes the body.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: