Thursday, December 25, 2014

Romans 15:22-33 Saints at Zion

Romans 15:22-33 NIV
St. Paul was a bit of a traveler. He would like to have been everywhere and all at the same time. But, that was and is not humanly possible. There are times in our ministry when we all have to prioritize needs. There are times we may have to say no, I cannot come because I have to be elsewhere. No one person can do everything for everybody no matter how much we'd like to. When tragedy strikes I often have to leave whatever it is that I am doing or whomever I am with to minister to others who are experiencing major traumatic events in there lives. Sometimes, I just have to trust others to do some of the things I would normally do. It is called delegating. But, before delegating we are responsible to ensure that they are capable of carrying on the ministry to which they are called. We need to train others to help others in need. We need to make disciples. We really are not in this alone. We have many brothers and sisters in Christ to work with us for the glory of God.

We rejoice, not only when we can finally visit and pray with someone we have longed to see; but, we also rejoice in the knowledge that when we cannot be there ourselves; another saint or saints have been equipped to minister to those in need. I rejoice; because, I am never afraid to leave my congregation when I have to travel somewhere. They are in good hands. The saints (disciples) at Zion know their gifts and are fully capable of using them whether I am here or away.

Thanks be to God! That is how the Body of Christ works!

May the God of peace be with you all. Amen

Pr. J

No comments: