Tuesday, January 27, 2015

2 Corinthians 1:12-24 Yes

 2 Corinthians 1:12-24
Sometimes we plan to do way more than we can physically do. I tend to "overbook" myself and end up changing one or more of my plans as to what I will be doing on any given day. I thank God that my congregation and community understands what flexibility is. Sometimes I say yes to something and because a greater priority or emergency arises I will have to change the schedule and say "No, I cannot go," at the last minute.

Paul planned to go to Corinth twice. At first he said yes. But, his travel plans changed and he had to say no. That's the way it is sometimes. Plans change, but God does not change. His plan for us does not change. Sometimes His plan is difficult for our sinful minds to discern. The message of Jesus the Christ does not change. That message is always a yes. Whether we are with you personally or not, the Lord is and He says yes to all who would believe, Yes. you are my beloved child. Come to me all who are weary. Come to me and I will give you rest in my Son, Jesus Christ, your Lord.

God's peace - Pr. J

No comments: