Saturday, September 5, 2015

Flowers or Weeds?


 
"What is a weed?  A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."   ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Fortune of the Republic, 1878

My husband does not appreciate my flower gardens. Neither he nor I know exactly what species are growing in them during any given season. He considers them mostly weeds. I consider them all flowers. I have to watch him closely when he's busy with the weed-eater in order to make sure all of the flowers in my gardens survive. He came really close this summer to removing all my wild raspberry bushes. Fortunately, for him, me, and the raspberries, I happened to walk outside before he started. The strawberries are gone though.

And... so, let us a take a look at the children of God. Does He not normally call the least to be greatest; the last to be first? God does not discern things as mankind discerns things. He sees the full potential while we look at the short-comings and failings. "But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first." Mark 10:30 

Just because we don't have to buy those plants that others often consider weeds; does not mean that they don't have a good and useful purpose in the garden of God. They are indeed very valuable as they are free gifts from God Himself.

Do not consider the children of God to be mere weeds to be cast out of the garden. Only God can know what are true weeds and true flowers.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: