Monday, September 14, 2015

Help Quickly!

In you, O Lord, I seek refuge;
    do not let me ever be put to shame;
    in your righteousness deliver me.
Incline your ear to me;
    rescue me speedily.
Be a rock of refuge for me,
    a strong fortress to save me.
You are indeed my rock and my fortress;
    for your name’s sake lead me and guide me,
take me out of the net that is hidden for me,
    for you are my refuge.
Into your hand I commit my spirit;
    you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God.
Psalm 31:1-5 NRSV

Quickly, Lord; right now; ASAP! I cannot even begin to count the times, just this past week, I have found myself asking the Lord to help and to help quickly!

Whenever we stand on the name of Jesus or strive to do the will of God in opposition to the will of the world, we can pretty much expect to be attacked. There are those in this world who just do not appreciate God's will being done when it interferes with their personal comfort zones. So, I find myself praying for myself, my family, and my congregation a lot. "Rescue us quickly. You who are our rock and our fortress remove the trap that has been set for us. And... Into your hands I commit our spirits."

Thanks be to God! The Lord hears our prayers and has answered! He is our rock and our fortress. His righteousness has delivered us.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: