Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sea Creatures Trained Easier Than The Tongue

"For every species of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by the human species, but no one can tame the tongue—a restless evil, full of deadly poison." James 3:7-8

I admit that I have picked up a bit of slang and my grammar is not always the best; but, I tell you there are days that I simply do not understand the English that is being used by many today. What sometimes sounds like insults; derogatory remarks toward or about others, I am told actually isn't! That's just the way people talk in 2015. I am sorry. But, I prefer not to be addressed or hear anyone else addressed in a manner that according to language used as far back as 2000 would be considered verbal assault.

It can be most difficult to control the tongue when one is angry or hurt; but, in general conversation? Oh, my! There are many days that I just want to run back to my little corner of the universe and sit in silence. Of course, I can't turn on the radio or television when I do that because I'd just hear some more of the same.

It is hard to tame the tongue. It is even harder when one does not know the difference between what is appropriate to say and what is not appropriate. Think: treat others as you would like to be treated. So I sit in the sheer silence and listen. I listen for our Father's gentle whisper, "I am with you now and always."

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: