Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Deliverance

Exodus 13

What exactly does it mean to consecrate the firstborn?  When I carried my firstborn, I learned from Dr. Stroube. that I was not expected to carry him to full term.  I was expected to miscarry.  So... I prayed that God would deliver him and promised to do all I could to teach him the story of God's deliverance and redemption.  I am well aware that I did not always do so well in this.  Take note - promising God what you can't deliver is probably not the wisest move to make.  But, one of the amazing things I've learned about God is that what we can't deliver, God can.  I am convinced that since I cannot, God is and will continue to teach him (as well as all my children) the story of his (their) deliverance. 

I am also aware that in the learning of this, they will find themselves as the Israelites did, camped in the darkness of night on the edge of the wilderness.  But, no matter how dark things get, the light of God will be with them to help guide them on their journey through the wilderness.  He will see them through to the promised land, a land flowing as scripture says, flowing with milk and honey.





 

No comments: