Monday, November 21, 2011

Leftovers

Numbers 28, 29

There are those who think that I mention offerings too much - especially in the fall during the season we normally consider our budget and stewardship.  They should  read Numbers.  I've got nothing on Moses!  Wow!  Every now and then I have to double check to make sure I'm not reading the same chapter over again. 

I know I've talked about offerings in at least a couple blogs before this one.  One thing that strikes me this morning is that these offerings are made regularly, often, and they are worship.  Giving to God, making offerings or sacrifices is a way of worshipping God, honoring Him.  And...  if we are to honor Him then we give unblemished, firstfruits, not the leftovers. 

God does not give us leftovers.  He gave His only begotten Son as a sin offering for us.  Is he not worthy of all honor and glory?  How long will we honor God with the leftovers of our time, talents, gifts? 

No comments: