Tuesday, March 6, 2012

1 Samuel 17 - The Rock That Saved

Not with shield and sword, but with a rock, with a tiny rock the mighty Goliath is overcome. Hopefully, you've all read this story this morning. You probably all remember it from before. It's a good story. No, it's a great story. The army of the Philistine's is super intimidating. The Israelites under Saul's leadership are pretty much shaking in their boots. No one dares enter into combat with the mighty Goliath, who towers over all at over 9 foot tall.

No one dares but the one who has been annointed to be their king. David, who has had the power of the Spirit of God poured out over him, dares. His faith tells him that the LORD, God will deliver Goliath into his hands. And He does.

As I was reading, a few other verses from scripture came to mind so I'm sharing them with you this morning.

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2 (NIV)

He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. Psalm 62:6

No comments: