Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ezra 7 - Taxes and Tributes

Ezra is on the scene...

But, I think I really like this King Artaxerxes - no taxes or tributes are to be charged to any of the servants of the house of God!  Having just paid estimated income taxes in June, more due next month, and began paying property taxes this month, (It usually takes a couple of months to get them all completely paid) I can really appreciate this edict! 

Two things Americans have to be careful to budget for, as they are major parts of our expenses, are insurances and TAXES!  Between the various insurances and taxes that I pay, I am estimating that about 50% (maybe more) of my income disappears and believe me I am not in the upper class income tax range - definitely lower middle-class income.  So this morning, I am marveling at a leader like Artaxerxes. 

At the same time, I thank God that He abundantly supplies all my needs so that I am able to pay these taxes and tributes! 

No comments: