Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Psalm 102 - Prayer, Crying To God For Help

Ok, I've got a couple prayer requests that I'd like answered rather quickly.  "Hear my prayer, Lord; let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress.  Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly." (Psalm 102:1-2 NIV)

The prayers aren't for me, but they are urgent enough that they are keeping me awake at night as I spend much more time in prayer begging God to be quick to answer for the sake of others. Like the disciples on the night in which our LORD was betrayed, I have often fallen asleep in the middle of my evening prayers.  Sometimes, I've even fallen asleep during my morning prayers.  But, lately, it is taking focused effort to fall asleep. Lately, the desire to see God's answer is more urgent within me and it is difficult to fall asleep as I am, like the persistant widow, (Luke 18:1-8) reluctant to leave my evening prayers.

Our days on earth are so very short, they vanish like smoke.  There is so very little time to waste promoting strife.  So very little time to enjoy the good things that God created and prepared for us. It would be so good, if God's children would grab hold of the good and turn their back on the bad and maybe I (and many others) would not have to be up in the middle of the night praying for the salvation of others.  We might still be up praying.  But, then our prayers would be prayers of thanksgiving as we just talk to our Father and listen to Him.  You know, do what we do when we're in a good and healthy relationship... Communicate...

Our prayers for the needy will continue for as long as the earth exists.  There will come a day, though, when we will no longer groan upon our beds as we pray for those who have gone astray. The earth and all that is in it will vanish, but God is forever.  His children and their children are promised that we should live in His presence forever.

In the meantime, we pray with confidence: We give you thanks O' LORD, for in your mercy, you have heard our prayers and answered.  You have delivered your children from all bondange and bless them with your eternal presence.  Amen.

God's Peace - Pr. J
    

No comments: