Thursday, January 24, 2013

Psalm 103 - Where Eagles Fly



"Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name!" (Psalm 103:1 NIV)

What an magnificent and powerful bird!  I am most blessed to live where not only the bald eagles, but the golden eagles fly quite regularly. This photo was taken a couple of summers ago in my backyard.

Whenever, I see a bald eagle flying or sitting a tree watching me, my heart leaps. These birds, our national bird, give me a sense of both peace and security. The sight of them refreshes me.  Indeed, for a moment or two, I do feel young again. I feel like time does not exist or just stopped. Thet take my breath away. For a moment, there is nothing between the eagle and me. We are one. God created both. They are marvelous to behold.

To watch the majestic flight of the eagle is a reminder how magnificent and powerful God is. It is a reminder to me that God in his infinite wisdom is in charge of things. He made man to walk up on the earth, the fish to swim, and the eagle to fly. How wonderful is that? Who will not bow in humility when one realizes the power and authority that God has. All these things....  and, more....

He blesses our souls, heals us, reconciles us to Him and to one another. He forgives us our iniquities, though we are far from worthy. He crowns us with loving kindness and tender mercies. All that is are His. We are His. That should bring a sense of peace and security to all people.  It will, once we realize that He is God and there is no other.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits. Bless the Lord, all His works, In all places of His dominion." (vs 1,2, 22)

May God refresh you this and every morning as you rise.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: