Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ezekiel 1 - Ezekiel's Vision

Ezekiel's vision.... Just wow!

"This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell face down,  and I heard the voice of one speaking." (Ezekiel 1 NIV)

Ezekiel's vision... Just wow! (I sure hope you read today's chapter). Even if I were to see a vision like the one Ezekiel saw, I'm not sure if I would actually see it. I am afraid that I would not only fall face down, but I would probably have my eyes shut as well. As much as I think and say that I long to see the glory of the LORD, I am not sure if I would be fully prepared.

Are we prepared to see His awesomeness? So often God, the Father, is portrayed as a friendly old grandfatherly figure; Jesus Christ is portrayed as a friendly brotherly or neighborly person who loves little children and His sheep; the Holy Spirit is a gentle wind touching us softly as it blows over us. These images cannot begin to capture the awesomeness of God. Ezekiel's captures a whole different perspective. It is enough to make anyone and everyone fall prostrate, with their eyes to the ground or shut.

God is so much more than a father or grandfather figure. He is even more than a brother or friend. He is more than the gentle, blowing wind found in creation. He is more than any human can imagine and when we truly realize His presence; when we finally see His face, every knee will bow. (Rom 14:10-11) We will all bow with our faces to the ground when we encounter Him face to face on our judgment day.

May His peace be with you on that day! May God, the Creator, grant that you are reconciled to Him; through Jesus Christ, the Redeemer; by the power of the Holy Spirit, who is the Sanctifier, on that day.

God's Peace - Pr. J

 

No comments: