Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ezekiel 15 - Useless Branches Burned

Ezekiel continues to warn Israel. They, as a whole, no longer worship God. They are likened to a dead vine that ends up being burned in the fire. It is good for nothing except to be used for fuel.

We have just finished a small remodeling job in our home. A lot of old wood that ended up as starter for evening camp fires. It was no good for anything else.

We spent last evening cleaning out our son's shed of old tin and other metals. We dropped a truck load off at the church's recycling bin. It will all be hauled to the recycling center soon. Not sure where it goes from there or the exact steps that will be taken in the recycling process. This much, I know, in order for old metals to be made into something useful, they will have to put into the fire for refining. They will be melted down so that what was, no longer exists and something new and fruitful can be created.

Faithless = Fruitless = Useless = Heading for the recycling bin and will someplace along the line enter into the fire.

The useful and fruitful branch stays connected to the vine, who is Jesus, the Christ. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." (John 15:5-8 NIV)

God's Peace - Pr. J 

No comments: