Monday, September 9, 2013

Ezekiel 5 - God Have Mercy On Us All

 “Yet in her wickedness she has rebelled against my laws and decrees more than the nations and countries around her. She has rejected my laws and has not followed my decrees.

Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: You have been more unruly than the nations around you and have not followed my decrees or kept my laws. You have not even conformed to the standards of the nations around you." (Ezekiel 5:6-7)

Ezekiel is still laying around on the ground in front of the people as a sign that God is against them. As I read this indictment (prophecy) against God's people, I wonder about us. I wonder about the whole world. Does any country actually exist that is truly "one nation under God?" If we say there is then I think we're not being very honest with ourselves. Is there any country wherein the people do not worship false idols and even encourage it? Is there any country that truly respects, not only the rights of its citizens; but, the rights of the citizens of other countries around the circle of the earth, as well?

Seems to me we have different standards for different people, even for different countries. We rebel against God's laws and make our own and our own definitely show partiality for some and not for others. We expect others to live by our standards and the truth be told; we are not always right. The truth be told, none of us are without sin. May God have mercy upon us all.

And... may His peace be with you. Pr. J.

No comments: