Friday, April 4, 2014

Mark 14:53-65 I Am

Mark 14:53-65 NIV
"...Again the high priest asked him, 'Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?' 'I am,' said Jesus." (Mark 14:61-62)

I am! Two of my favorite words. When confronted about whether He was the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One, Jesus responded simply, "I am." In those two words I am reminded that He is not only the Son of God; He is God. When Moses was busy trembling in his bare feet at the burning bush and trying to figure out how he was going to get out of delivering God's people from Egypt, he asked God who should I say sent me. "God said to Moses, 'I am who I am.' This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:14) So, whenever, I hear or read these two words, "I am," I am reminded that Jesus is not only the Son of God, He is God.

I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit - three persons - one God.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: