Tuesday, February 2, 2016

God Has Prepared Marvelous Things

But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him”
1 Corinth 2:9

There are times when I think that God is not answering my prayers fast enough. It is in those times that I have to rethink what I am asking for. Am I being specific and asking for things that is not according to God's will? Maybe, I am asking for less than God desires for those whom I pray for.

When my prayers seem to go unanswered, maybe it's time to recognize that my heart cannot even begin to conceive of the blessings God has prepared for those whom I care for and pray for. There are times that my prayers should maybe just ask for God to protect and bless them with the knowledge of how much He loves them instead of trying to steer their lives in the way that I think they should go. Maybe, I should more often let go and let God work in their lives. That's not to say I shouldn't pray for and help them when they are in need. But, that I should let God do the marvelous works that He does and not interfere quite so much!

May God help us to better understand that our will does not always agree with the will of God for His children.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: