Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Under His Wings

Show me the wonders of your great love,
    you who save by your right hand
    those who take refuge in you from their foes.
Keep me as the apple of your eye;
    hide me in the shadow of your wings
from the wicked who are out to destroy me,

    from my mortal enemies who surround me.
Psalm 17:7-9 NRSV

Like a mother bird protects her young ones under her wings; the Lord protects us. Under His wings we live under His care. But, when we step out and try to live our lives without Him, we are exposing ourselves to dangers without protection. 

Of course, we will be attacked even when we are living in the shelter of the Most High God. But, then we will be able to continue on in the confidence of knowing that God is with us and He is for us. He will protect us and guide us in His Way. God, in His great love for us, is our refuge and strength.

May God help us to desire to live in the shadow of His wings and to trust Him through all of our days.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: