Thursday, March 7, 2013

Psalm 145 - Rest Is Found In Him

I was exhausted as I lay down to sleep last night.  I've done a bit of traveling the last four days. What was even more exhausting was planning today and tomorrow as I try to catch up on work and prepare to take another trip. Tomorrow afternoon, I leave with the youth from our congregation for a retreat.  Now, my mind tells me that retreats are suppose to be restful. But, there is a lot of planning and preparation that goes into them.

So, as I tried to reconcile in mind the fact that our friend Eddie or "The Fisherman" would make his final voyage out to sea to be laid to rest today, while scheduling the next two days in my mind, I was exhausted. I realized that I would not be sleeping well last night if I did not switch my focus.

So, I did. I spent my final moments awake praising God and trusting that Eddie's, as well as my spirit, was in the hands of God. In this I rejoice. In this, I find peace. In this knowledge, I found rest.

Look to the LORD and you will find peace. In Christ, you will find all that you need.

God's Peace - Pr. J

"My mouth will speak in praise of the LordLet every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever. (Psalm 145:21 NIV)

No comments: