Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Daniel 11 - Apocalytic Dream

Tomorrow will be our last day in the book of Daniel as there are only 12 chapters in Daniel. It has been quite interesting reading about one vision or visitation after another. Today, the angel Gabriel reveals to Daniel what is to come. The events mainly describe wars and alliances between Egypt and Syria. However, verse 36 to 45 describe a time that is not fulfilled in Daniel's time. It appears to be for the end time. Antiochus, it appears, may well be a archetype for the Anti-Christ that was yet to come.

These past days of reading about Daniel's visions have had a definite effect on my sleep and dreams. I don't remember my dream last night except that it was apocalyptic. It was about conflict and war. It was not terribly frightening as I do remember one event in detail. When I began to get a little anxious in my sleep, I suddenly found myself walking with God. He was holding my hand and we were walking through this lush green valley. His hand was wonderfully warm and comforting. An awesome sense of peace came over me. But, being the inquisitive person that I am, I had to wake myself up to see if it was real! The dream was gone, but the sense of peace that I had felt was not. Thanks be to God!

God is with even in the midst of spiritual warfare. And.. be comforted in the knowledge that on the cross, the battle with the Anti-Christ was won for you. Nothing can prevail against the love of God in Christ Jesus.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: