Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ezekiel 36 - For His Holy Name


“Therefore say to the Israelites, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: It is not for your sake, people of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone. I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Sovereign Lord, when I am proved holy through you before their eyes." (Ezekiel 36:22-23 NIV)

I just returned from the LCMC Conference in Dearborn, MI. I am worn out and frankly quite ill. I was not feeling well when I left and was feeling worse upon my return. Still debating whether to see a doctor or just get some rest.

I do not particularly enjoy large crowds nor have I ever enjoyed conferences or meetings of any kind. They wear me out, rather than refresh me. I was uncomfortable being there and I could not figure out exactly why. But, when Pr. Enrique Estrada spoke the answer came to me. It's about family. It's about caring for the children of God and while I am far away at conferences, I am not with the children of God that I have been called to live among and to care for. I feel like a ship out of water; stranded, when I am not within the community I have been called to serve. Now, this community is actually quite a large community. It covers a few counties so it's not like I'm a recluse. I am most comfortable when I am doing what I have been called to do; when I am out amongst the people, sharing God's love, His message with them. I am more refreshed when I am giving. All this is done not to glorify myself or anyone else. It is done to glorify, for the sake, of His Holy Name.

Many parents have a difficult time leaving their children behind when they have to go out of town. They feel a bit empty - like a part of them is missing. That is how I feel when I have to leave the area for any reason. I worry about the children of God. I wonder if this one or that one is feeling better or worse; if one has received employment or how they might still be struggling to put food on the table. When I am away from the community that I have been called to serve, I feel like a mother who has left her children behind at home or a Shepherd who has left their flock in the field to fend for themselves.

The message I heard from Pr. Estrada was about caring for all of God's children - genuinely putting others before ourselves. All this so that all people might hear and receive and be reconciled to the family of God in Christ Jesus and this for the glory of God's Holy Name.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: