Sunday, August 17, 2014

John 10:22-42 Hear and Believe

John 10:22-42 NIV
There are definitely days when I would like a little clearer direction from our Father. Maybe, I'm not paying close enough attention or just maybe I don't want to hear what He has to say to me. Either way, there are times when I would like Him to tell me "plainly" what exactly it is that He would have me do. Sometimes, I get it. Sometimes, I don't until after the fact.

I have also been told by more than a few that they just have a very difficult time understanding what scripture says or means when it is read during worship. They don't get it. At least, not yet. But, they will as long as they continue to hear the Word, they will get it for faith comes by hearing.

The Jews wanted a plain response from Jesus. His parables and the way he just generally talked about things were not easily comprehended by everyone. They didn't get it.

But, many did get it. Many do understand that the Father and the Son are one. Many hear and believe. (Romans 10:17)

Join your local congregation this morning (it is Sunday) for Worship, hear the Word, and believe.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: