Sunday, August 24, 2014

John 12:37-50 Our Belief Or Not Doesn't Change the Truth

John 12:37-50 NIV
There have been many times when others have tried to sway me. They have tried in vain to convince me that that Jesus is not my Savior; that God our Father is a myth; and that the Holy Spirit is not present and active in my life and the world around me. Often, it is because they don't care to hear the word that the Father has given us through Jesus. There are many who would much prefer to have it their way rather than God's way. I usually just end up smiling at the futility of it all. God is God. He Is Who He Is. You can try all you want to change Him to meet your standards; but, human beings cannot change the essence of God. It is just not possible. You can spend your days trying; but, in the end it will be God who will have the final say.

Even after Jesus performed many signs, many would still not believe in him. There were also those who believed in him but would not openly acknowledge their faith in him because they did not want to offend others. It is not so different today. There are many who believe, many who do not, and many, many who have been baptized into the faith who will not witness to the Good News of the Kingdom through Jesus the Christ because they are afraid of offending others.

Whom would do you have the courage to offend; those without faith or the one who gave His Son to die for you? As for me, I have been an offense to God enough already in my lifetime. "....as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: