Saturday, November 29, 2014

Romans 1:8-17 I Love To Tell The Story

Romans 1:8-17 NIV
I was having a hard time falling asleep last night so I turned the television on and flipped through the Christian Evangelist type stations. That "fluff and stuff to please itching ears" is usually enough to put me to sleep. However, I ran across one that seemed to be making sense. In that, I mean that he was actually proclaiming the gospel and not soliciting money for the program to make you rich! What initially caught my attention was that he was asking: why, if we all like to sing the hymn, "I Love To Tell The Story," then, why don't we tell the story?

Why isn't it told more? Why isn't the story of Jesus shared with everyone? Are we, are you, ashamed of the gospel?

Paul, even in the face of death, was not afraid to share the gospel with everyone, both to Greeks and non-Greeks, to the Jew and to the Gentile. Paul wanted the whole world to know that righteousness that comes by faith in God; by faith in the one who loves the world so much that he was willing to die in our place, in your place. If you love your neighbor; if you love your family; then for their sake, tell the story of Jesus and his love.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: