Sunday, February 1, 2015

3 Corinthians 4 Not About Us

2 Corinthians 4 NIV
Again, we hear that it is not about us; but about Christ who works in and through us.

There are times that it is actually embarrassing to receive accolades when I know that I have done nothing to receive them. If someone's eyes has been opened; if their mind and heart has been open to comprehend the glorious gospel of Christ it is not my doing. It is the work of God. If the glorious light of Christ has shone through me, it is not me. I am just the instrument that God uses so that others might see the light. I am merely the lantern. Jesus is the light that shines forth. The Holy Spirit is the oil within the lamp that keeps it burning for all without to see.

Yes, there are times when we are persecuted; there are times we are troubled. But, it is not about us. It is about Christ reaching out to a world in need of mercy and salvation through us.

May you be filled with His light that the world around you might see and know the glory of God !

God's Peace - Pr. J
 

No comments: