Sunday, February 22, 2015

Ephesians 1:1-14 Marked and Sealed

Ephesians 1:1-14 NIV
My memory for names is absolutely horrific. I remember people quite well enough or probably more correctly I should state that I remember their spirit. I remember who and whose they are; just not always their names. I have often remarked that we should be tattooed in our foreheads upon our birth so that we might know and remember everyone's names.

In fact, we were marked with the sign of the cross on our foreheads as we were born again, into the family of God, through the water's of baptism. We were marked; sealed by the Holy Spirit, to the praise of His glory. It is this indwelling Spirit that I recognize in brothers and sisters when I greet them. For those whom I do not recognize as brothers and sisters in Christ, I pray a lot. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to live without the spiritual blessings that those who believe have received in Christ. I cannot imagine what it would be like to not belong to God or to live without Jesus. I cannot imagine what it would be like to live without the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance as children of God; heirs of His Kingdom.

I would desire that everyone bear the name of Christ; sealed by the Holy Spirit, to live for the glory of God. And... so we pray for all whom we love and as well as for all whose names we may not remember that they too might receive this gift of God's grace. And... so we share the good news that in Jesus we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: