Sunday, February 15, 2015

Galatians 2 Christ Lives In Me

Galatians 2 NIV
Remembering the poor is a good thing. But, sometimes we can get so wrapped up in doing good, those things that our traditions dictate, that we forget that we are not justified by our good works and go about acting like they amount to something that could be credited to us. Paul had to confront Peter about this. Although Peter accepted and even approved Paul's ministry to the gentiles, Peter kept himself  apart from the gentiles. He was saying grace... but, living by the laws of the his tradition.

Paul reminds us that righteousness cannot be gained through the law. It is by the grace of God that we are found righteous. It is by the grace of God that we are saved. We earn none of it. We deserve none of it. And.. if good works are done through us let us remember these words of Paul. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Gal 2:20)

So when we start thinking that we are accomplishing much, let us remember that it is not we who accomplish these things. Thanks be to God for the abiding presence of Christ!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: