Friday, August 21, 2015

A Light To Guide Us

"To give light to those who sit in darkness
and the shadow of death, to guide our feet
into the way of peace.” Luke 1:79
I have always been fascinated with lighthouses. They stand alone as beacons of safety showing us the way in which we should go and the way in which we should not go. 

When my children were young I had told them that one day I would like to live in a lighthouse on an island. My youngest son told me that he would buy me one when he grew up. He also said that he would bring me to the island in a boat and then leave me there. He was not as fascinated with lighthouses as I was or maybe he was just not too thrilled with me that day.


Imagine being tossed about in a small boat on the water. It is so dark that you can see nothing beyond the boat. Fear for your life grips your heart. Suddenly, you see a light that will guide you into a safe harbor. Your heart calms. You are at peace as you steer for safety toward the light. 

Jesus is our beacon of light. As we look to the light, we will be shown the way in which we should go and the way in which we should not. He will guide our feet in the way so that we might live in his  peace.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: