Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Peace Beside Still Waters

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Every morning as I pray the Shepherd's Psalm, I am reminded how much God has blessed by providing me with this place of peace near the water.
 
Some days are more chaotic than others. Yesterday was one of them. It had nothing to do with serving the congregation. It had more to do with the world around us. In spite of the fact that we are Kingdom children, we still live in a world that is so filled with "stuff" that we have to take care of that it threatens to steal our peace.
 
So, this morning, I am even more thankful for my home beside the waters that reminds me so much of the peace that only God can give. In the midst of storms in the world, I can look out and be reminded of Moses parting the sea so that the people could escape from their persecutors. The waters remind me of my own baptism into the Body of Christ. I am reminded that it is Christ who leads me beside still waters. He makes me to lie down and find rest in the greenest of pastures. He is with me in the darkest valleys of the shadows of death. The Lord is with me and in Him alone, I know peace.
 
It is a rare day that I turn down my driveway after spending a day out in the world and neglect to give thanks to God for this place of peace that He has given me.
 
May God grant you the peace that comes with knowing that He is with you and for you in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
 
God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: