Saturday, August 15, 2015

Continue The Journey In The Way

Lord, the God of Israel, there is no God like you in
heaven or on earth—you who keep your covenant of love
with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in
your way." 2 Chron 6:14 
I began this blog with the book of Genesis four years ago at the request of a couple of members at Zion Lutheran, Skanee. We have journeyed together daily through the whole of the Holy Scriptures and the Small Catechism.

I have contemplated ending this journey and sleeping in instead as I am not really sure in which direction I should go. Attempting to come up with a new devotion, without guidelines, every day, seems to me to be a very daunting wilderness.

However, there have been a few who have asked me to continue this daily as it appears to help them to keep focused on the Word. I also probably need to continue so that I will not get lazy and sleep in. So, I will be continuing; but, in a different manner. I will no longer be directed by the next reading, the next chapter, or verses. I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide me daily to pray and meditate on and in the way that the Spirit leads.

We will see where our journey in "His Way" leads us. There is only one way. Jesus is the way and the truth and the life! (John 14:6)

Have a very blessed day!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: